The Business of Authority
Inventing Your Future
With the world in such a flexible, malleable state right now comes a unique opportunity to decide how you and your business can best move forward.
- 2:16—How you can look at the world right now and start thinking about (and even betting on) what’s coming.
- 11:20—The impact of potential fundamental shifts on how you work.
- 14:20—Why this can be a time to increase the “altitude” of what you discuss with your clients (and how to do it).
- 17:12—A strategic way to look at the future and how it meshes with your talents and passions.
- 24:15—Adopting a mindset that works even when bad things are happening around you.
- 31:11—Identifying your ideal sweet-spot—where your target market overlaps with your talents and passions.
- 33:45—Contingency plans to deal with the fear that comes with change.
- 37:30—The industry doing inspirational re-invention we can all learn from.
“In this one year it feels like we’ll get 10 years of movement on this thing (working remotely).”—JS
“Being there for your clients as a sounding board is where you as a professional advisor can be helpful, valuable and rare.”—RM
“Maybe this is a time to be moving up—increasing your altitude in involvement with your clients—talking about bigger picture things.“—JS
“There’s an opportunity here to zig while everyone else is zagging.“—RM